Towers must display a sign or risk violence against them....

I just read a story ( I put the link at the bottom) about a tow truck driver who got hit in the face with a cable box while hooking up a car. The article stated that the tow truck driver needed, by law, to have a sign that showed he was towing a car. This seems a little ridiculous...
Because of technicalities is it open season on traffic workers, towers, and other people that work in the public domain. Can the tow truck driver sue in civil court for any medical charges resulting from the cable box being thrown?

I think a dangerous pattern is being set that crime (yes cable box battery to someones face is a crime) is allowed if a technicality is violated. I think the lack of a display sign should have allowed the car driver being towed the right to sue the towing company and get his money back, it should not be a ticket to use force against a towing company operator.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/28867835/detail.html



Towing Straps
4 pt Towing Tie Down Kit
8 pt towing tie down kit
Wheel Straps for Towing
Recovery Straps
Round slings for towing
E-Track Towing Straps
Cargo straps for towers
Tie down systems for towing and wreckers
Strap Ratchets for towers and wreckers
V Straps for towing 


 Jerr Dan rollback offers lower bed

 Sturdy Jerr Dan Construction make this rollback heavy duty
 This Jerr Dan rollback is equipped with a Peterbilt paccar engine

Jerr Dan Rollback offers remote control feature for bed
 Spacious flatbed on this jerr dan rollback

for more information on this Jerr Dan Rollback with Peterbilt click HERE

need towing parts?
need towing equipment?
need Towing Straps
need Towing Chains



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I think this is absolutely nuts. Why do you have to have a sign posted every time you tow a car? I know many people in the towing business who do not do this. I live in California, and I decided to call several places that offer towing. Bakersfield towers had no idea what I was talking about, so I think it is safe to say this is total bs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see why it would make sense from a safety perspective to have a sign on display. Yes, maybe it seems like an excessive precaution, but if I am going to work with a towing company I want to know they are going to take good care of my vehicle -- it's the most expensive thing I own! I found my service for towing Bakersfield area card and trucks through this website, which seems pretty handy: http://www.myyp.com/Bakersfield,CA/Air-Conditioning-Contractors

    ReplyDelete

Please comment